Indie developer Mad Cow has added new tracks, bikes, and riding physics to its ever-improving TrackDayR motorcycle sim.
Indie motorcycle simulator TrackDayR continues to make impressive progress with the release of version v.126.96.36.199 today (11e November 2022).
From what started out as an asphalt track-based simulation, developer Mad Cow has recently branched out into off-road riding, adding more off-road motorcycle disciplines while continually adjusting the physics of the bike and motorcycle. driver on the way.
Today’s update follows a similar pattern, with several improvements to off-road driving physics, including improved suspension systems, a new off-road tire pattern, new rider motions and animations, and the ability to to perform tricks in the air such as whips and backflips.
The update also adds a new track with three layouts and updates the Hurricane Mills circuit using real world data. As for the bikes, two motocross bikes have also been added and come with an all-new sound design.
Antelope Valley MX
Antelope Valley, or AV Motoplex as it was known, is a former motocross venue in Lancaster, California that closed in 2015. Featuring three layouts, the circuit is mostly loose dirt with a host of small jumps interspersed with passable tables and berms. .
TrackDayR has three configurations for Antelope Valley MX: Main, Vet and Mini. Mini, or the Peewee layout as it was called, was more suited to younger riders, while the Vet and Main courses are longer and have bigger jumps and berms to tackle.
Located in a relatively flat area of the Golden State, AV Motoplex has been completely torn down and replaced with several self-storage facilities. Shame.
MX125 2 Stroke and MX250 4 Stroke Motorcycles
The MX125 and MX250 are two of TrackDayR’s new unbranded motocross bikes. 125cc motocross bikes are not typically used for high-level motocross competition, but are instead the ideal starting point for adults new to the sport. They are, however, an excellent step forward for young riders wishing to move up from the 50cc/85cc categories.
The MX250 motorcycle simulates the type of motorcycle used in the MX2 class of the FIM Motocross World Championship or the 250cc Motocross class in the AMA Motocross Championship, bridging the gap between 450cc and 125cc motorcycles in the game.
Have you tried the new TrackDayR update? What do you think of his development lately? Let us know in the comments below.
TrackDayR changelog v.188.8.131.52:
- Antelope Valley MX MAIN
- Antelope Valley MX Veterinarian
- Antelope Valley MX Mini
- NEW Hurricane MX Based on real word data
- MX125 2-stroke
- MX250 4 stroke
- New air system for whips, scrubs and backflips
- New center of mass calculation system for the cyclist/bicycle
- Improved suspension system
- Improved Dirt Tire Pattern
- New rider moves
- New ability to enable/disable helpers
- New manual clutch system. Traction.
- New resistance system for the handlebars
- Rewritten and optimized erosion system
- Improved physics model for dirt bikes
- New dirt animations
- New stamp animation
- New sounds for MX250 4 Stroke and MX125 2 Stroke
- Improved air management with throttle and rear brake
- Improved dirtbike stance with a foot that can hold surface position
- New vertical and lateral aerodynamic system
- [*] LOTS OF MINOR FIXES – honestly, we’ve lost count