Motorcyclist injured at Olive Ranch Road intersection
A hit and run causing injury occurred east of Roseville on August 30 and sent one person to the hospital. The crash happened around 7:09 p.m. at the intersection of Olive Ranch Road and Leona Way in Granite Bay between an alleged Uber vehicle and someone riding a dirt bike. California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that first responders from the Placer County Fire Department arrived on the scene and transported the injured cyclist to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with undescribed injuries. The motocross was removed by a tow truck. CHP investigators are trying to figure out why the crash happened and locate the fleeing driver in the incident.
Is Uber’s insurance coverage adequate?
Each driver for Uber has its own car insurance. Uber, however, provides additional coverage for its drivers when they are on time. Spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, broken bones or other serious conditions requiring prolonged treatment or even permanent disabilities may occur in some hit-and-run accidents. However, the company provides the following insurance. Under Uber’s liability insurance coverage, the following are covered:
- The maximum amount for bodily injury is $50,000 per person
- $100,000 bodily injury coverage per accident
- A $25,000 property damage policy is provided
How a personal injury lawyer can help you with your hit-and-run claim
Most injury claims are settled with the Insurance responsible company if the fleeing driver is located. However, insurance companies are in business to make money, so by negotiating your claim yourself, you might find that not all of your losses are covered. A personal injury lawyer can help you in the following ways, and it has been shown time and time again that using a lawyer to handle your claim typically results in the recovery of two to three times what you could accomplish on your own . Our accident lawyers can do the following:
- We offer a free consultation with one of our accident lawyers, who will review your case, answer your questions and advise you of the options available to recover damages.
- Our investigators establish liability for an incident against the responsible party by gathering evidence to show that they caused the accident that injured you.
- We can calculate all of your losses to assign a value to your claim, including current and future medical bills if your trauma is ongoing, as well as lost wages and non-economic damages. This way you have a rough idea of what compensation you can recover.
- We explain how the legal process works and keep you informed at every step of the process.
- To prove your claim, our investigators interview witnesses, seek surveillance cameras who could have captured your crash as it happened and performed crash reconstruction as well as employing other techniques that help your case.
Our accident lawyers use the evidence collected by our investigators to prepare a strong case in support of your claim. This information is used to negotiate on your behalf with the responsible party’s insurance company to obtain the best possible settlement. If the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve, we can use the evidence we have collected to present your case in civil court.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Roseville
I am Ed Smitha Personal injury lawyer in Roseville. It is important to obtain maximum compensation following an accident, especially if your trauma was significant and the expenses could extend in the future. For free, friendly advice on filing a claim for your injuries, call us at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached either on line or at (800) 404-5400.
We are proud to belong to the following groups:
To see how our damage lawyers helped others and read customer reviews, click on the following links:
:cd lo