Hello, neighbors! Carlos Hernandez here with the latest copy of the Tampa Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. High: 75 Low: 59.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach Tampa customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories from today in Tampa:
1. There is a new Flagship exhibition “Cuban Pathways” to Tampa Bay History Center. Guests can enjoy the rich history and the sacrifices that have has punctuated the history of Cuba for centuries. Cuba and Tampa have long-standing ties, dating back to Ybor City statue of Cuban revolutionary leader Jose Martiwho came to Tampa in 1891, at the cigar workers whose photos you will find there. (83 degree media)
2. Tampa International Airport reminds customers that although the CDC has relaxed its interior masking requirements, the JThe Transportation Security Administration’s current face mask requirement for people traveling through airports, including Tampa International, remains the law.. The term is currently due to expire on March 18 and no decision has yet been made on whether to renew it. (Tampa International Airport)
3. True Food Kitchen will open at the end of the month at Downtown Tampa and is the 40th brand location. The restaurant will have an outdoor terrace and plenty of indoor space. The owner says menu items are seasonal to keep up with the freshest ingredients possible. (Fox 13 Tampa)
4. South Tampa Pinarama’s iconic bowling alley is now on the market after 22 years in the local community. Space started as a bowling alley in 1953 and was also an ice rink and a billiard hall. The owner hopes whoever buys it will turn it into a bowling alley. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
5. Hillsborough County Trustee Bonnie M. Wise sign anotupdated COVID-19 face covering guidelines for staff and visitors to Hillsborough County facilities. Effective today, the updated administrative directive encourages the wearing of face coverings at county facilities, but it will no longer be an obligation. (Tampa Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today Tampa Daily is brought to you in part by newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)f197
Today in Tampa:
- Public Nuisance Abatement Council Workshop At the mayor. (09:00)
- USF Symphony Orchestra at the USF Concert Hall. (2:00 p.m.)
- Monday Night Moonlight Market – Bohemian Makers’ Market at Hooch & Hive. (6:00 p.m.)
- Rox Rooftop Wine Dinner with Sonoma Valley Winemaker Jamie Benziger at the current hotel. (6:30 p.m.)
- New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays at George Steinbrenner Field. (6:35 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- A St. Petersburg Cyclist has been seriously injured Sunday morning when he was hit by a vehicle on 38th Ave N.according to Saint Petersburg Police Department. (Tampa Bay Weather)
- Community members in Bartow gathered for remember 6-year-old Mikey Harmon-Almeida WHO died in early February after being hit by a mountain bike. (Fox 13 Tampa)
- the University of South Florida issued a provisional suspension from Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity after the organization has been at the center of allegations of anti-Semitic behavior. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
- the Firestone Grand Prix what happened over the weekend is expected to bring an impact of more than $40 million to St. Petersburg. (ABC Action News)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Monday Night Jam at Brasserie Mastry (February 28)
- Learn how to lower your risk of heart disease during American Heart Month (February 28)
- FREE WEBINAR | “Mona Lisa’s Smile: Representation of Emotion in Italian Renaissance and Baroque Art” (March 1)
- [Free Giveaway] Mental Health Issues Decal – Tampa Counseling Center! (March 4)
- RelateFest, 2022 Miami, Florida: For People Infinitely Curious About Relationships (March 4)
- Alternative Products Show – Fort Lauderdale (March 11)
- Alternative Products Show – Fort Lauderdale (March 12)
- Jazz on the Lawn @ Riverwalk STEM Academy (March 12)
- Alternative Products Show – Fort Lauderdale (March 13)
- Add your event
Do you like the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the culinary blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.